March 22, 2010

Shopping in the digital world

Also for those of you who don't like shopping

I can be short about it: I don’t like shopping. The first reaction I always get is: “How is that possible? Girls looooooooove shopping!”. Well, I don’t. I cannot understand what is fun about trying hundreds of clothes on and then, if you’re lucky, going home with one jeans. And what I especially don’t like are those vendors who come running to you, the second you come out of your dressing room, to give you their opinion (no offense: I understand, it’s your job). The problem is: I like having new clothes; I just don’t like shopping for them.

We live in the digital world (Yes, we do). Nowadays, there are all kinds of online shopping devices. First off all, we have web shops without vendors' opinions. Yay! Problem one solved. I can just go to HM.com, Esprit.com or whatever clothes store and shop online. They will deliver the clothes to my home and I can try it on whenever I want. But still, I will have to try them on. Too bad, problem two not solved. However, the solution to this is on its way…

In case you missed it, 3D (short for: 3 Dimensional) is hot again. Avatar, Alice in Wonderland, Ice Age and even Titanic will come back to cinema in 3D. The fashion world didn’t want to stay behind: the well-known brand Burberry launched its new collection in 3D at the last fashion week in New York. The experts say that this is only a start. In the future (when, when, when will that be?!) it will be possible to try on clothes without having to change your outfit. A 3D body scan will create a full image of you by capturing about 300,000 points on the body. After the scanning session, you can virtually try on clothes and identify which jeans or sweater fits best. With a 3D body scan, clothing will become custom-made for every single individual. Clothes will fit and you don’t have try them on. Look, now we’re talking!

So are you also counting days till you can try on clothes in 3D? Or are you a shopping lover who likes to try on clothes? If you are, I challenge you to convince me that shopping is fun. If you’re not, join the club (we already have one member: me)!

2 comments:

  1. Vaag, in m'n herinnering had ik toch echt al gereageerd hierop... naja: ik vind e-shoppen opzich al een briljante uitvinding; een stuk minder vermoeiend, en lekker overzichtelijk wat er allemaal is :P, vooral de Esprit site is lekker duidelijk. Ideaal, enige nadeel is dat je nog moet wachten tot het bezorgd wordt, maar altijd leuk om dan opeens een pakketje thuisbezorgd te krijgen ^^. Maar wie weet hoef je dus straks ook al niet meer te wachten om (digitaal) te kunnen zien hoe het staat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, is niet erg hoor. Ja, Esprit is idd makkelijk + gratis verzenden:)

    ReplyDelete