February 6, 2010

Blogging my way into the world


“It is obligatory to join Twitter and to start a blog”. These were the words my teacher used in the first class of ‘Media Use in Organisations’. Okay, she is kidding right, I mean I don’t HAVE to, right… right? It turned out that she was completely serious. I have to join Twitter and start a blog. Me, a person with no Facebook, LinkedIn, Blogger, LiveJournal, Twitter or whatsoever, has to join two of these communities! I guess I can say it’s kind of revolution. Or at least for me it is. The reason was simple: “You are studying digital media and social media are a part of that”. Well, there she had a point.

“Off course, I don’t have to blog about my life, hobbies or my pet (which I don’t have, but that aside). My teacher would probably not be really interested in that kinda stuff. No, the blog has to be about the use of information and communication technology. I can hear what you’re thinking: information and communication technology, excuse me, what?! So, here is a mini lecture to explain. Information technology: well, I am using it right now! Word, for example. Or how about Excel, PowerPoint or sales- and risk analyses that companies use. Communication technology: I am using that too at the moment, namely my blog. But also twitter, videoconferencing or email. In the next few blogs I will be talking about these kinds of things and how organisations use them.

For so far this introduction. As you can see, my social media revolution starts today. I will be finding my way in the digital world. Hopefully, you will find it with me and follow my blog (please stay around for at least two minutes, so that I can reach my goal) and not to forget: my Twitter. See you around!

No comments:

Post a Comment