February 28, 2010

Comments please

This is not really a serious post with respect to the content of media use, but not all things on this blog have to be serious. So, I have been blogging for a few weeks now and I must say: I really like it. Although, it takes a lot of work: searching for information, trying to write something sensible, making the post fun to read, working on your blog layout and so on. But well, no one said it was going to be easy. Despite all this work, I like blogging. I have always liked writing, though I am not really a diary kind a person. I like writing for other people to read it, not only for myself. This actually brings me to the point of this post: I like writing for other people. I like writing for you, the reader, whoever you are. But the hard thing about writing for you is that I can’t read your thoughts about what you think (it would be a bit scary if I could). I can track visitors, email subscriptions and my followers, but I can’t track your thoughts. The only way for me to know what you think is by you leaving a comment. I really like to know what you think about my blog topics, about my blogs in general or whatever you have on your mind. Just leave a comment.

You know last night I saw this movie called Julie & Julia with Meryl Streep and Amy Adams. It is about Julie Powell (Amy Adams), who starts a blog about her challenge to cook 536 recipes from Julia Child's book “The mastering of French cooking” in 365 days. Her blog becomes immensely popular and Julie Powell is writer nowadays. I think that is pretty cool: You start a blog and it turns out to be hit on the internet. You get between 50 and 600 comments on your blog and hundreds of readers, followers and email subscriptions. I know that in the current blog environment with millions of bloggers it would take quite some luck to become that popular. I am not saying that I want to become such a big blogger hit, I am already a happy with a few comments once in awhile.

2 comments: