April 17, 2010

Time flies

My previous blog post was the last one concerning my project for the course ‘Media Use in Organizations’ (don’t forget to read it if you haven’t already). 10 weeks, 10 blogs. I know it sounds cliché and totally lame, but it is true: time flies when you’re having fun. Because when writing these blogs, I really had fun and I can’t believe I have already written 10 blogs.

I had never thought that I would learn so much from writing a blog. My study is mainly theoretical and there are not much practical things you learn. Mostly, it is just reading books. Thus, writing a blog was a welcoming change in this theoretical environment. Although it probably helped a lot that I like writing. So you are probably wondering what I’ve learned. Remember my first post? I said that I was going to find my way in the digital world and I think I did a pretty good job in finding it. Now I know how to write a blog, what the blogosphere is, how to Twitter, how to use Google Analytics and moreover, I all like it. Furthermore, I got more interested in social media (No, that doesn’t mean that I will set up a Hyves page) and internet marketing.

Off course, I want to thank you all for reading my blog, for leaving comments (although I now know that not getting comments may also be a compliment), for being supportive and so on. I hope that you also found your way in the digital world by reading my blog and staying up to date on Twitter. And moreover, that you had fun when finding it.

The question is: Am I going to continue blogging? I don’t know. Although I would like to, I am not sure whether I will keep on blogging as Carribe24 (but never say never). Why? Well, there are millions of blogs around and mine is just one of them. I have the feeling that my blog is mostly read by friends and family. I don’t know if this feeling is right and it doesn’t matter actually, because I really appreciate everyone who reads my blog. Anyway, I would like to write for a more professional site (such as a theatre, marketing or communication website) and receive feedback, to become a better writer. I don’t know if it will work out, but I might as well try. The thing I do know is that I will keep finding my way in the digital world and hopefully, by the end of my study, I have become a (beginning) expert.

So, let’s end this story with a quote:

The best way to predict your future is to create it. ~Peter Drucker

Go create yours! And thank you all!

6 comments:

  1. Wat een leuke blog weer! Zou dit dan ook mijn laatste comment zijn? Nou ja, gelukkig hebben we nog altijd het meeste contact in het echte leven :P.

    Zou echt tof zijn als je voor een professionelere site aan de slag kunt. Je hebt in ieder geval een superleuke schrijfstijl, dus daar zal het niet aan liggen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben het helemaal met Eva eens.
    Laat je hier nog wel even weten als je ergens anders verder gaat bloggen? ;-) (met een linkje? ^^)

    En ik wil niet vervelend zijn of een "smart-ass" lijken maar ik heb toch het gevoel dat je "So you are probably *wondering* what I’ve learned" bedoelt ipv "So you are probably *questioning* what I’ve learned".
    Questioning betekent namelijk meer ondervragen / twijfelen / betwisten, terwijl wondering 'zich afvragen' betekent.

    Hoop dat je nog veel leuke blogs zal gaan schrijven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ik heb het al veranderd Laurence. Heb je idd gelijk in, "wondering" is beter. En als ik ergens anders verder ga bloggen, dan laat ik het natuurlijk weten^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super leuke blog weer!
    Jammer dat je waarschijnlijk gaat stoppen maar wie weet wat er allemaal nog voor professioneels komen gaat :D
    Tot zondag, Margot

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ik vond het een kei leuke blog. Elke keer zijn jouw stukje leuk om te lezen. Ik zou zeker doorgaan als blogger, onder welke naam dan ook:P
    en jij bent in elk geval in mijn wereld de expert op het gebied van blog, twitter, en weet ik veel wat allemaal. Ik heb nu net ontdekt hoe ik een comment moet posten dus stel je voor hoe slecht ik ben met dit soort dingen.
    Liefs, Milou

    ReplyDelete
  6. ps wat een werk om een comment te posten, ik dacht het is klik en klaar maar helaas:P

    ReplyDelete